When getting ready for your engagement session one of the first things that might pop into your head is “What do I wear?” Big decision! We have a few tips for you when planning what to wear.
• Be comfortable: You might need to walk short distances so you might want to bring a change of shoes so your feet aren’t in pain
• Don’t be too matchy: Gone are the days of matching polo shirts and jeans. You want to match the feel and color family of your fiance. Remember that you don’t want to wear a gown and have your fiance in jeans and a baseball cap. You want to be on the same level.
• Bring options: We recommend 2 outfits. One being more dressy and one more casual
• Bring cute shoes: Ladies you will look taller in heels and we love those shoe detail shots!
• Don’t distract: Clothing with writing on it can be very distracting. Solids and light prints really look best. You want to be the focus of the photos, not your shirt.
• Use this as a trial: Are you having your hair or makeup done for the wedding? Use this as a trial! You’ll know exactly how your look will photograph.
I love the outfit choices Pam and John made. That ruffle skirt with the wedges is so cute! John’s looking pretty handsome as well in a nice dress shirt. Pam used the session as a trial for her makeup! Such a great way to see how your look will photograph on the big day.
Nora and James are a perfect example of great casual looks and a more dressy look. I love the vest with the dark denim in the dressy shots. Both looks work so great together.